Your safety is our number one priority. Please see the following checklist because, If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Professional LicenseRun a corporation lookup search from Corporations Canada website to make sure it is actually registered and still valid. Insurances from their accredited insurance companies.
- Verification Of IdentityWe try our best to verify our tradesmen and service professional as best as we can through email, phone numbers, credit card details wherever possible and addresses.
- ReviewsOur customers also write reviews for tradesmen and services professionals they hire, you can read about their past work, timeliness and professionalism. That can give you a bit of an edge before you consider their quotes.
- Personal Safety TipsWhile we try to make our marketplace as safe as possible, we do not take personal responsibility or insure against losses from work contracted through QuoteFinder. And we do not mediate between buyers and sellers on QuoteFinder. For dispute or conflict resolution, please try and resolve it amicably otherwise contact your local office of fair-trading.
- Arranging to meet tradesmen or service professional
Some of the tips below can help you make informed decision.
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, car parks and open area.
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- If you are going somewhere to meet someone, tell a friend or family member where you are going and take your cell phone along and always be alert.
- Consider having a friend accompany you for safety reasons.
- Trust your instincts just as you would do if you are going on a date.
How to avoid Scammers
The most important thing to learn about QuoteFinder marketplace is that you accept quotes locally and most scammers gives all sort of excuses not to meet face to face before consummating transaction.
- Deal locally with people you can meet in person. As this is the mode of operation of our marketplace. The overwhelming majority of scammers will only deal with you remotely – by email or over the phone.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, Money gram, or any other wire services – anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- Be careful with cashier checks and money orders. They could be fake, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- QuoteFinder is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer buyer protection or “seller certification”.
- Never give out financial information (bank account details, credit card details, eBay/ PayPal details etc.).
- Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will guarantee your transaction. QuoteFinder aim is to connect home owners with local tradesmen or service professionals.
- No lending servicesWhile we would love to accommodate lending services, we dont currently have the necessary resources to filter out predatory lenders from trustworthy ones. Purchasing a financial product is an important and complex decision, and we don’t want to offer services that are beyond our expertise.